- Outside General Counsel
- Title Insurance
Title Insurance Litigation
Provide legal counsel to the nation’s largest title insurance corporation / underwriters, title insurance agents, individual property owners, local and national banks and mortgage lenders.
Litigation Panel Counsel for defense & claims concerning:
- Defective Deeds, Forged Deeds, & Fraudulently Induced Deeds
- Mortgage Priority & Enforceability concerning Bona Fide Purchaser / Lender RPL §291 Status, Inquiry Notice & Equitable Subrogation claims
- Boundary Line Disputes including Adverse Possession & Prescriptive Easements
- Quiet Title Actions (Bar Claim) / Declaratory Judgment Actions concerning Usurious Loans, Ancient Mortgages, & Failure to Discharge Mortgages
- Equitable Mortgages & enforcing E&O Contracts
Compliance Counsel for DFS Regulations, including:
- Implementation of Regulations 206 & 208 policies forms, & staff training.
- Obtain client-specific formal DFS Opinion Letters while analyzing FOILed Opinion Letters drafted to client competitors.
- Monitor / interpret pending regulations / legislation.