Real Estate and Business Transactions
Lieb at Law ensures that contractual language is driven by the real life experience of our litigation practice. As a result, we advise and negotiate by performing a cost-benefit analysis for each provision that goes into our client’s contracts. Knowing the cost of litigation and likelihood of success on the merits for each term, through first-hand experience, enables us to succinctly know when to push and when to give in to achieve favorable agreements. Simply stated, we are a substance-based law firm, not a "because that’s how it's done" shop.
We are on the cutting edge of the law and frequently give lectures and continuing education to attorneys and real estate professionals throughout New York State. Our attorneys have drafted and published a complete set of transactional forms for the largest brokerage companies in the state, including policy manuals and the like. The firm’s Managing Attorney oversees the transactional practice and is a <%= Html.ActionLink("prolific author", "Index", "Publications") %> on real estate law topics, has served as the Chair of the Real Property Committee to the Suffolk Bar Association and is a regular contributor to the Journal of Real Estate Litigation and Condemnation of the American Bar Association, The New York Real Estate Journal, The Huffington Post, Dan’s Papers, Behind The Hedges, The Nassau Lawyer and The Suffolk Lawyer.
Lieb at Law’s transactional practice represents commercial clients and individuals in real estate and business transactions.
Commercial and Residential Transactions:
- Purchases & Sales for Single Family / Vacation (Second) Homes, Multi-Family Homes, Co-ops, Condos, New Construction, Short Sales, Vacant Land
- Commercial Sales / Purchases for Stand Alone Buildings, Shopping Centers / Strip Malls, Hotel / Motels, Entity Transfer Agreements, Religious Institutions, Operator / Master Tenant Agreements and more…
- Commercial / Residential Leasing
- Deed Transfers
- Land Use & Zoning Advice & Applications
- Promissory Notes & Mortgages
- Property Management
Business Transactions and Negotiations:
- Purchases & Sales (UCC Filings / Bulk Sale Transactions)
- Drafting & Negotiation of Commercial Contracts
- Drafting Legal Viability Reports for Business Planning
- Business Structuring & Startup Counseling
- Organization of New Businesses, Formation of Corporations, Partnerships, LLCs and more…
- Shareholder / Membership Agreements
- Drafting Form Contracts
- Drafting & Advice for Policy Manuals
- Intellectual Property Copyright / Trademark Filings & Licensing Agreements
- Regulatory Advice, Compliance & Advocacy